Šešupė ir Seina/ Marycha - jaunimą jungiančios upės

 

 edited intro ruduo

Šešupė and Seina/Marycha - the rivers connecting youth

                            Marijampole Rimantas Stankevicius General Secondary School together with its partners - Lazdijai District Public Library and the association "Origo" from Polish town Sejny in 2016 implemented a project “ Šešupė and Seina/Marycha - the rivers connecting youth” which was financed by the Lithuanian and Polish youth exchange fund (80 percent of the project was financed by the fund, the other 20% - came from each partner).

                             It was a 4-day cognitive, ecological and mobile camp, during which the main objective was to make a better use of rivers connections, encourage young people of both nations to cooperate and communicate with each other, take care of environmental problems and enhance their lifestyle and habits. The project participants got better acquainted with each other, in separate sections they improved the ecological status of rivers (collected litter from the riverbanks), learned about water quality tests, got familiar with the impact of pollution on flora and fauna.

                             The origins of the Szeszupa river are in the village of Szeszupka near Suwalki, in the north-eastern part of Poland.At the beginning it flows through a deep valley in the north eastern Poland (27 km),then 158 km through Lithuania: first it flows towards the north-east in  Kalvarija municipality area, from the village Želsva (Marijampole municipality) winds to the north, from the village Gavaltuva turns west and flows mainly on Vilkaviškis and Šakiai districts boundary. Behind Kudirkos Naumiestis the river turns towards north-west, 51 km it flows through the Lithuanian-Russian state border.From the junction with Jotija river to the mouth the river flows through the territory of Russia (62 km). Szeszupa flows into the river Nemunas 85 km from its mouth, to east of Ragainė, towards the village of Lugovoi. Šešupė basin covers an area of 6,104.8 km² (in Lithuania it takes 4899 km²). (1)

Skaityti daugiau...

Šešupė ir Seina/Marycha- jaunimą jungiančios upės

                           Marijampolės Rimanto Stankevičiaus pagrindinė mokykla kartu su partneriais - Lazdijų rajono savivaldybės viešąja biblioteka ir Lenkijos Seinų miesto draugija „Origo“ įgyvendino Lietuvos ir Lenkijos jaunimo mainų fondo lėšomis 2016 metais finansuojamą projektą „Šešupė ir Seina/ Marycha - jaunimą jungiančios upės“ (80 procentų projekto lėšų buvo skirta iš fondo, kitos gautos iš partnerių).

                             Šešupės ištakos yra Šešupėlės kaime, prie Suvalkų, šiaurės rytų Lenkijoje. Lenkijoje į šiaurės rytus aukštumomis 27 km upė teka giliu senslėniu, toliau 158 km per Lietuvą: pradžioje teka į šiaurės rytus Kalvarijos savivaldybės teritorija, nuo Želsvos (Marijampolės savivaldybė) vingiuoja į šiaurę, nuo Gavaltuvos pasuka į vakarus ir teka daugiausia Vilkaviškio ir Šakių rajonų riba. Už Kudirkos Naumiesčio pasuka į šiaurės vakarus, 51 km teka Lietuvos ir Rusijos valstybės siena. Nuo santakos su Jotija iki pat žiočių teka Rusijos teritorija (62 km). Įteka į Nemuną 85 km nuo jo žiočių, į rytus nuo Ragainės, ties Lugovojė kaimu. Šešupės baseinas užima 6104,8 km² plotą (Lietuvai jo tenka 4899 km²).

Skaityti daugiau...